söndag 6 oktober 2013

Why hello there.

This blog was created with the sole purpose of writing about, well, writing. I have decided to pick it up as a hobby, and my first project will be a light novel. If things go smoothly - which is less than likely - it might even become just a novel.

I started writing the story about a year ago. I felt an immense connection to the characters and the development I had planned for them, and I was sure it was going to be the best thing I had ever read - and it probably would have been.

The thing that ruined it all was my naïve love for what I was writing. The only thing worse than facing your own naivety when you though you had everything figured it out, is when it actually ruins something. Floating among the clouds I was so engulfed in the world of my story that I just could not NOT spoil everything for my friends before anyone had read anything.

Don't get me wrong; I write not to satiate my own ego, but my hunger for new experiences. If I didn't, I don't think I would have ever created anything. It is like that with anything I create. My reason for creating anything has always  been that there is something I really want to hear, see, feel or/and experience, that haven't been made by anyone else. Is there is a certain kind of melody I want to hear, I'll look for it. If I don't find it, I write it myself. If there is a certain kind of story I want to read, but I can't find it. I write it mysel. I would have absolutely no reason to be creative if everything I wanted to experience came seved on a silver platter. But alas, that is not the case. So, Fuck it then. I'll just have to make it myself. I often think.

Still, there is a certain rush to realizing you can create anything from nothing. Nothing but your mind - your imagination. I don't think that experience could ever be served on a plate made of silver. It still sends shivers down my spine, that.

Anyway. What happened was I spoiled everything for my friends and the magic disappeared blah blah, and so on.

This time I won't be such a poor fish as to spoil the ending before anyone has even read the prologue. I will just have to go with my guts and trust that the ending this time around is exactly what it needs to be.

That is all I wanted to say for this post. I will go write my next post, which will be about the actual story I'm writing.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar